“Africa squared up to fight for a better economic deal with the European Union on Monday as Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi opened a key summit warning the continent was ready to do business elsewhere.
“We have failed in our economic partnership with Europe,” Kadhafi told leaders of 80 nations gathered in the high-rise seaside Libyan capital for the two-day talks.
Opening the first summit in three years between the two continents, Kadhafi reopened old wounds between former colonial powers and nations marking half a century of independence at a time when the onus is on efforts to seal a “new, equal” partnership.” by Claire Rosemberg (AFP)
Either Kadhafi doesn’t know what an economic deal implies, or he really doesn’t give a shit… And our smart ass Mr. Georges Papandreou rushed in Africa to help. Monkey see, monkey do…
- Africa, EU on summit collision course over economic deals – AFP (news.google.com)
- Kadhafi never without ‘voluptuous’ nurse: leaked US files (alternet.org)
Since October is breast cancer month, I couldn’t help it and keep silent… Bon voyage Mrs. Sesay, rest in peace…
- New way of preventing return of breast cancer (topinews.com)
- Komen charity raises $5.7 million for breast cancer (philly.com)
- Fight Breast Cancer and Cord Chaos with Dotz (prweb.com)
- Breast Cancer and the Environment – a new report on Prevention. (switchboard.nrdc.org)
- New First-line Therapy Now Available For Treatment Of Advanced Hormone Receptor Positive, HER2+ Breast Cancer (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Miley Cyrus Takes on Paparazzi, Breast Cancer (thehollywoodgossip.com)
An 18-month-study of remote human settlements deep in the Congolese jungle warns that chimpanzees are being subjected to a “wave of killing” by hunters pursuing them for bushmeat. One consequence is the continual growth in the number of “bushmeat orphans” – those infants who are too small to be killed for meat, and are often put on black market for sale as pets.
- Congolese chimpanzees face new ‘wave of killing’ for bushmeat (guardian.co.uk)
- Chimps Snare a Small Victory in the Bushmeat Battle (animals.change.org)
- Chimpanzees In Africa Outwit Human Hunters, Disarm Traps (huffingtonpost.com)
- Green light: Green mail, orphaned chimps and tar sands destruction (guardian.co.uk)